Introducing Amber Richele
Hey y’all! Yesterday, I made a major announcement on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook about changing my social media handles. For the past 21 months, you’ve known me simply as CCB. But, today, I want to introduce the woman behind the blog, Amber Richele. Since this is technically our “first date”, here’s some random facts about me so you can get to know me better. Here’s 10 facts about me:
- I was born in San Francisco, California
- I have a younger sister. She takes my blog photos when Ben isn’t available
- Tea > Coffee. Don’t judge me
- I don’t drink alcohol. At all.
- My favorite food is sushi. If it weren’t for that whole mercury poisoning thing, I’d eat it every day
- I have an irrational fear of birds. Don’t believe me? Ask my mommy. She’ll tell you and then laugh about it at my expense
- I eat dessert every night. As soon as dinner is done, I’m looking for it
- I love to travel but I am a nervous flyer. Dexter is more calm on planes than I am!
- My favorite color is pink but I hardly wear it
- I had braces for 2.5 years in my mid-twenties and my teeth still aren’t straight!
But wait…there’s more!
- I love to bake. I used to bring freshly baked muffins to the office once a week (blueberry was the most requested)
- I have a degree in Economics. Nerd alert!
- I was a city bus driver (commercial driver’s license and all) when I was in college. Unitrans busnerd 4 LYFE! #1488
- I take a 30 minute nap every day. No exceptions.
- When I moved to NYC, my dad and I (and Dexter, of course) drove my car from the Bay Area to Secaucus, NJ in a little less than 2 days
- I read 3 books per month. Told you I was a nerd!
- I’m only 5’2″
- I played basketball in high school and was recruited to play in college
- My boyfriend and I met online
- I LOVE fashion. It truly is my passion and the fact that I get to do what I love every single day and share that with all of you is everything to me!
A Note From Amber
Now that you’ve gotten to know me a little bit better, I hope that you’ll continue to follow me along on this journey as I start a new chapter. This has been a long time coming and I’m very excited to get to work.
I also want to take a second to thank the two boss babes who helped make my dream into a reality behind the scenes. Firstly, Jess for making my amazing logo. She’s an amazingly talented illustrator who happens to be a high school classmate of mine (don’t ask when we graduated). This is how awesome she is: she managed to capture my essence in an illustration on the FIRST try. And we only communicated via email! See? Awesome!! And last, but not least, my college roommate, Tracy, for building my site from the ground up and being so amenable to the hundreds (not exaggerating) of changes I asked to make. We started working on the site while I was living in NYC and even with the time difference she answered every email no matter what time, day or night. And even when I pushed back the launch because of my relocation back to California, she said no problem and still met every single deadline on our original timetable. She’s bomb.
Helping others elevate their style has always been what I love doing most and was the reason why I started my blog in the first place. It’s just time to take it to the next level. Along with the new site (you should check it out, by the way), I’ll be adding some fun new features to make CCB even better for y’all. And don’t worry, CCB Diaries isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Just think of CCB as the spunky younger sister and Amber Richele as the grown-up older one. They’re related and have different personalities but at the end of the day, they’re family. And family is everything.
Photography: Ben Decastro
Outfit Details: American Eagle denim jacket (similar here), Chanel brooch (similar here), Forever 21 paisley shift dress (similar here), Cole Haan high waisted belt (old), Stuart Weitzman “Highland” over the knee boots (here), Mansur Gavriel bucket bag (here), Celine sunglasses (similar here)